Re: Scruggs Music Royalties?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Earl Scruggs Message Board ]

Posted by Mgmt on April 06, 19103 at 00:31:38:

In Reply to: Scruggs Music Royalties? posted by Dan on April 05, 19103 at 14:23:06:

In reference to your question about permission to use a Rock Salt and Nails on a record. Anyone who records a composition for sale is required to obtain a Mechanical License for usage or you are liable for copyright infringement.

Since you plan to record a song that has a copyright by Scruggs Music, Inc., send your request to Scruggs Music, Inc. P.O. Box 40313- Nashville, TN. 37204.

You must send other information as well.
Name of Record company; name of the Artist or Band; release date of the recording; number assigned to the recording; indicate if it is on CD, cassette tape or both; timing/length of the performance; person's name at the record company who will be signing the Mechanical License and the name and address of the person responsible for the royalty payments. We trust this answers your question and thanks for your honesty in asking.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup


Subject: Re: Re: Scruggs Music Royalties?


Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Earl Scruggs Message Board ]